The history of Constitution of India reveals that the concept of conducting competitive examination for appointment to certain posts came into consideration way back in the year 1853 and a committee for giving shape to that was constituted under the chairmanship of Lord Macaulay in the year 1854. Later on the Federal Public Service Commission and the State Public Service Commissions were constituted under the Government of India Act, 1935. The Bihar Public Service Commission came into existence from 1st April 1949 after its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, in accordance with sub-section (1) of section 261 of the Government of India Act, 1935, as adapted. Its constitutional status was pronounced with the promulgation of Constitution of India on 26th January, 1950. It is a Constitutional Body under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
Post : Drug Inspector
No of posts : 55 (UR-27, EWS-06, SC-08, BC-07, BC(Female)-02, EBC-05)
Salary / Pay Scale : Rs. 9300- 34800/- (Grade Pay 5400/-)
Candidates who want to apply for the post should have degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University established in India by law.
• Minimum 21 years as on 01.08.2022, maximum unreserved (male) – 37 years, backward class, extremely backward class (male and female). Unreserved women – 40 years and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (male and female) 42 years.
(i) In the light of Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department, Bihar’s letter no-212, dated-23.01.2008, those candidates who are eligible on the basis of maximum age limit mentioned above from 01.08.2009 to 01.08.2022, also submitted advertisement shall be eligible, provided they fulfill the other qualifications.
(ii) In the light of Resolution Memorandum-2374, dated 16.07.2007, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Bihar, such government servants (regularly appointed government servants of the Government of Bihar), who have completed three years of continuous service 05 (five) years relaxation in the maximum age limit is admissible for going to higher pay scale service/cadre. In case of claiming relaxation in age limit, it will be mandatory for the government servant of Bihar Government to submit the certificate issued by the competent authority, in which it should be clearly mentioned that the candidate has completed three years of continuous service in the Government of Bihar. In the light of the General Administration Department, Bihar’s letter no-524, dated 13.01.2022, the limit of maximum three opportunities prescribed for the government servants of the state of Bihar after joining the service of the state government will continue to be applicable.
(iii) In the light of resolution memorandum-962 of General Administration Department, Bihar, dated 22.01.2021, in addition to the maximum age limit, a relaxation of 10 years in the maximum age limit is admissible to the disabled. In case of claim, it will be mandatory to submit the certificate issued by the competent authority. Candidates shall ensure that the certificate is valid till the last date of application. Otherwise they will not get the benefit of disability/age relaxation.
(iv) Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department, Bihar’s letter no-2447, dated- 06.03.1990, will be given a relaxation of 03 (three) years in the age limit and equivalent to the sum of the service period spent in defense service, provided that their actual Age should not exceed 53 years as on the date of submission of application. https://d-1428647748461957875.ampproject.net/2305051745001/nameframe.html
(i) Rs.750/- (Seven Hundred Fifty only) for General Candidates
(ii) Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes of Bihar State
(iii) Permanent Residents of Bihar State All (Reserved/Unreserved) category) Rs.200/- (Two Hundred) for female candidates
(iv) Rs.200/- (Two Hundred) for PWD candidates (40% or more) (v) Rs.750/- (Seven) for all other candidates Hundred and fifty rupees)
In addition to the above examination fee, the candidate will also have to pay the charges prescribed by various banks, which will automatically be taken as bank charges by the bank while making the online payment.
(I) After submitting the FINALLY FILLED ONLINE APPLICATION, THE CANDIDATES MUST DOWNLOAD THE FILED APPLICATION FROM “DOWNLOAD FILLED APPLICATION SECTION” AVAILABLE ON THE DASHBOARD AND PRINT DUPLICATE OF IT BY RE-LOGIN AT THE SAME TIME. Will definitely keep a copy of all the certificates / documents mentioned related to the advertisement. There is no need to apply in hard copy and it will also not be acceptable. The said hard copy and all related certificates will be produced by the Commission at the time of interview or when asked for as per the requirement.
(II) Against each of the certificates mentioned in the list of certificates attached in the order of filling the online application, the candidate will mark the date and number of the certificate issued.
• Online application by the applicant Merely filling in their candidature will not be considered as confirmed. Regarding the eligibility of the candidates, the Commission will take the final decision on the basis of documents submitted by the candidates.
• Certificates related to qualification will be valid only, whose mentioned by the candidate in his original application.
• All the information related to this advertisement will be published on the website of the Commission bpsc.bih.nic.in, no separate publication will be required in the newspapers.
• Detailed instructions for filling the online application related to the above mentioned advertisement are available on the website of the Commission bpsc.bih.nic.in. Apart from the online application prescribed for this advertisement, printed, typed, handwritten applications will not be accepted, as well as incomplete, illegible, unsigned and late applications will be rejected and the examination fee payment will not be refunded under any circumstances. .
• All entries in the online application should be filled in by the applicant carefully. Any change/correction will not be accepted in future. The commission will not be responsible for any kind of mistake and the applicant himself will be responsible for any adverse result.
The syllabus for the written test will be as follows:-
Paper-1 Unit-1- Pharmaceutics
1. Tablets and Tablet Coating
3. Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream
4. Ophthalmic Solution
5. Blood Fluids and Electrolytes
6. Parenteral Preparation and Quality Control
7. Surgical Dressing
8. Biological Preparation (Sera, Vaccine and Anti-sera)
9. Bio Pharmaceuticals
Paper-1 Unit- 11 – Pharmaceutical Analysis
1. Limit Test
2. Bio- Assay
3. Sterility Test
4. pyrogen test
5. Theory and application of calorimetry, fluorimeter, nephelometer and turbidometer, spectrophotometer
6. Karl Fischer titration
7. Alcohol determination
8. Microbiological Assay of Vitamins, Antibiotics and Vaccine Preparation
Paper-2 Unit-II – Medicinal Chemistry
Definition, classification, structure, storage, preparation and brand names of the following classes of drugs
2. Synthetics and Hypnotics
3. Psycho – Therapeutic Agents
4. Anti-histaminic agents
5. Analgesics (narcotic, non-narcotic and NSAIDs)
6. Cardiovascular Agents
Paper-2 Unit-II- Pharmacognosy
Sources, chemical constituents, uses and adulterants of the following classes of natural Drugs
9. Nux vomica
Paper-3 Unit-I- Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education
Basic information about the following systems:
Anatomy and Physiology
1. Digestive System
2. Circulatory System
3. Respiratory System
4. Urinary System
5. Nervous System
6. Reproductive System
7. Sense Organs
2. First Aid
3 Population Control
4. AIDS control
Paper-3 Unit-II- Pharmacology and Toxicology
Introduction and General Principles
1. Mode of Action
2. Drug Receptor
3. Drug Interactions and Drug Antagonism
4. Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion of Drugs
5. routes of administration
7. Drug Dependence and Addiction
8. Drug Abuse and Toxicity
9. Adverse Drug Reaction and Drug Allergy
Paper-4 Unit-1- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence and Hospital Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
1. The Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and the Rules thereunder, 1945 with all amendments
2. Pharmacy Act 1948
3. Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 2013
4. Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisement) Act 1954 and Rules 1955
5. NDPS Act and Rules
6. Medicinal and Toilet Preparation (Excise Duties) Act 1955 and Rules
7. Trademark Act
8. Pharmaceutical Ethics
1. Handling of Prescription
3. Storage Conditions of Drugs
4. Clinical Pharmacy and its role in Hospitals
Paper- 4 Unit – II- Microbiology
1. Classification of Microbes and Taxonomy
2. Identification of Microbes, Stains and Type of Staining Techniques
3. Control of Microbes by Physical and Chemical thud Disinfection Factors Influencing Disinfectants. Dynamics of Disinfection, Disinfectants and Antiseptics and their Evolution
4. Sterilization, Different Methods Validation of Sterilization Methods and Equipments
5. Sterility Testing of All Pharmaceutical Products
6. Immunity Primary and Secondary. Defensive Mechanism of Body Microbial Resistance
7. Method of preparation of official sera and vaccines
8. Microbiological methods for standard digestion of antibiotics, vitamins and amino acids. Immune Assay. Assessment of a new antibiotic and testing of antimicrobial activity of new substances
For appointment to the posts of Drug Inspector under Bihar Public Service Commission, Patna, till date 16.12.2022, the process of filling the online application form for the qualified candidates prescribed in paragraph-3 of the advertisement is restarted :-
Starting date of online application date : 24.05.2023
Last date for filling online application : 30.05.2023
• It is mandatory to have the certificate / mark sheet related to the educational qualification mentioned in paragraph-3 (3) of the advertisement till 16.12.2022, the last date for filling the online application.
• The candidature of such candidates will be affected by the outcome of the final judgment passed in the above cases.
• Those candidates who have already filled online application need not fill online application again.
• Published on 22.11.2022 vide no. 09/2022 is modified to this extent. Rest of the conditions will remain same.
• Drug Inspector (objective and multiple choice) written competitive examination is expected in the month of July, 2023.
Candidates are not required to send hard copy of application form and related documents to the Commission’s office and it will not be acceptable either.
Action will be taken to conduct the interview considering the educational qualification, experience and other qualification/reservation related claims filled by the candidates in the online application as true. At the time of interview, in collaboration with the department, they are not found correct in the verification of certificates and for this reason, if the candidate is declared ineligible, then the full responsibility will be of the candidate.